Error from ssis package.

• Hello everybody,

i have a ssis package that connect to an oracle db, grab 3 tables and than copy them to a sql server 2005 database.

On the package i handle the onerror event and if case it is fired sends email with the description of the error.

now, last night the package goes in error for sveral times sending me 7 email. Here is the content of every email.

1)

-1071636471SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E14.

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "Impossibile recuperare una riga dal provider OLE DB "BULK" per il server collegato "(null)".".

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "Il provider OLE DB "BULK" per il server collegato "(null)" ha segnalato un errore. Il provider non ha fornito informazioni sull'errore.

".

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E14 Description: "Timeout della lettura dal buffer DTS.".

2)

-1073450974SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED. The ProcessInput method on component "SQL Server Destination" (373) failed with error code 0xC02020C7. The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

3)

-1073450975SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED. Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC02020C7. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited.

4)

-1073450952SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on component "OLE DB Source" (255) returned error code 0xC02020C4. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

5)

-1073450975SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED. Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited.

6)

-1071607115A commit failed.

7)

-1073450984component "SQL Server Destination" (373) failed the post-execute phase and returned error code 0xC02092B5.

Any idea what this errors mean and how to fix?

Thank you

• This errors all came at the same time and are only from one of the components, correct?

Apparentely, from the first error, you have one or more columns that has a different collation between oracles db and sql server db. If this is true, maybe you can add a column conversion step on the data flow.

• You might translate this line:

Description: "Impossibile recuperare una riga dal provider OLE DB "BULK" per il server collegato "(null)".".

I think it is the basis for the problem..

CEWII

• Almost everytime an error occurs in SSIS, It gives 2 or 3 messages and the error handler fires that many times. Sothat error is telling you that an error occurred in a child of the data flow task, in this case the sql server destination.

Have you edited the ssis and checked for the column collations in oracle ans sql server?

• Skull Killer (2/26/2010)

This errors all came at the same time and are only from one of the components, correct?

Apparentely, from the first error, you have one or more columns that has a different collation between oracles db and sql server db. If this is true, maybe you can add a column conversion step on the data flow.

Yes the error is generated from only one dataflow inside the package and i'm already using data conversion.

• Elliott W (2/26/2010)

You might translate this line:

Description: "Impossibile recuperare una riga dal provider OLE DB "BULK" per il server collegato "(null)".".

I think it is the basis for the problem..

CEWII

"Cannot get a row from the provider OLE DB "BULK" from the connected server "(null)".".

But this does not say nothing to me.

• It doesn't give the 1st error anymore?

• Here is a screenshot of the package. The dataflow marked with red arrows is generating the error.

As i said before, this package grabs 3 tables from a db situated in an oracle server and than save them to a db on my sql server. Before the copy process begin, it empty the table and then copy the rows.

Here is the data flow(the one prevously marked with red arrows).

and last here it is the conversion.

I believe there is some strange network problem because the table causing the problem has 85.000 rows 🙂

and the oracle server is visible using a VPN.

thank you for your time.

• So what errors is it giving now?

CEWII

• Elliott W (2/26/2010)

So what errors is it giving now?

CEWII

No errors when i had executed manually the package this morning.

it happens occasionally.

this is a scheduled package which runs at 03.00 AM so i cant try it now.

I dont really understand what is causing this problem.

• Can you post your table structure ... Does all the fields in your dest.. table it allow NULL Values???

• divyanth (2/26/2010)

Can you post your table structure ... Does all the fields in your dest.. table it allow NULL Values???

It allows null values. I dont even need a key for this table!

• I went back to the original error:

"Cannot get a row from the provider OLE DB "BULK" from the connected server "(null)".".

This is indicative of the provider having trouble getting rows from the source. It is not indicitave of a problem on the destination side. I wonder if something is happening at the source to block the data..

In your OLEDB source do you have a query or did you refer to the table?

CEWII

• Did you try using OLE DB Destination instead of SQL server destination.. bcz many times SQL server destination behaves weirdly..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply