error external metadata column collection is out of sync

• I have made a SSIS which Builds a query at runtime and sets the value of a Variable using a script task. I am then using the variable as source in a Data flow task for pulling the data needed to a flat file. I am facing a weird issue which I am not able to understand at all. I am getting error "The external metadata column collection is out of synchronization with the data source columns. "

I know its not a big deal but somehow I am not able to get rid of it. I tried fixing it using delete invalid source columns, even wrote a fresh package, tried to refresh the column mappings but none did the trick :crying:

The same query which gets built at runtime, i pulled out while dbugging SSIS and found that the query works all well from SQL management studio.

I am a little lost. Champions, Please help...

Thanks,

Nikhil

• Could the column names in the external text file be changing?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil, this is not possible as I deleted the file also and created new one. I am all clue less about this. If one needs I can send him the Pacakge I made.

• OK, I just read this a bit more carefully.

Can you confirm that the number of columns in the datasource and their names and their data types are always the same (even though the source query itself is dynamic)?

Can you also confirm that the variable has a default value which is a valid version of your query (ie, columns/datatypes as above)? By default, I mean the 'Value' property of the variable, as shown on the Variables window?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply