Error Configuring reporting services 2005

• Hi Guys,

i am having an error when i am configuring the Reporting service, when i am in the database setup step its failing to either create the new database and also failing to upgrade the database version, Everytime it says that you dont have sufficient rights to create a new database on the server,

i have all the permissions, and i tried with other accounts also which are admin accounts still unable to create the database,

This is the error message i am receiving,

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Directory lookup for the file "E:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\ReportServer.mdf" failed with the operating system error 5(Access is denied.).

CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Common.DBUtils.ApplyScript(String connectionString, String script)

at ReportServicesConfigUI.SqlClientTools.SqlTools.ApplyScript(String connectionString, String script)

Can anyone know whats wrong and how should i configure it asap,

Thanks

• Anyone had this issue before? I dont know what to do now,

• Anyone had this issue before? I dont know what to do now.

• The reason for your problem is in the first line of your stack trace SSRS must be installed in your C drive because the installation is not configurable. Check the thread below for details and read SQL Server components installation.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic672883-146-1.aspx

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• I dont know what was the problem, but i solved it by creating a database script from the database setup tab and then created the databases reportserver and reportservertempb from the management studio and ran the script which was generated earlier, then created upgraded script and ran it,

then i was having few issues with the application pools so created another one and everything was working fine.

uploaded the reports and they are running good now.

Thanks for all.

• If this is a production site and it gets very busy you will run into issues because when a SQL Server component comes with fixed path it usually needs operating system resources.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply