Error: Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with an empty response.

• Buddies,

I am doing migration from SQL Server 2005 to 2008. Getting error when started using SQL 2008 and it is perfectly working fine while using SQL Server 2005. I'm using Window Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008. Below is the error I'm getting [p]Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with an empty response.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Aderant.Novient.ReportEngine.Impl.MSReportService.ReportingService.GetReportParameters(String Report, String HistoryID, Boolean ForRendering, ParameterValue[] Values, DataSourceCredentials[] Credentials)

at Aderant.Novient.ReportEngine.Impl.Client.ReportClientMSSqlServerRS.RenderReport(IUser user)

at Aderant.Novient.ReportEngine.App.ReportMain.RunReport(IReportInstance reportInstance)

at Aderant.Novient.ReportEngine.App.ReportMain.RunReport()

at Aderant.Novient.ReportEngine.App.ReportMain..ctor(String[] args)[/p]

And my report server URL is http://win8xcq9/ReportServer/ReportService.asmx. I ran reports successfully using http://win8xcq9/ReportServer. But if I run through application getting the above error.

Can anybody help me to resolve this error?

KSB
    -----------------------------
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Knowledge and happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha

• Did you ever find a fix for this? Does it require a server rebuild?

Thanks, Megan

• [p]Megan,[/p][p]I have been solved the issue. I have added ReportExecution2005.wsdl as a web reference to my project DLL file. This web reference is specific to SQL Server 2008.[/p][p]And report server URL is case sensitive.[/p]

KSB
    -----------------------------
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Knowledge and happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha

• Hi Kari

Can you please explain how you added 'ReportExecution2005.wsdl' to your project references?

Thanks

Yosef

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply