Error Browsing Meta Data

• I opened the DTS folder, went to the Meta Data item, clicked on the menu to import the Meta Data from one of our development database to see what I would get and the database objects showed up in a nice tree. However, when I click on a table name I get an IE Script Error "Cannot User Parenthese when calling sub". Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

TIA

Dean

• Wow, I don't use that part of DTS really, but that's a zinger of an error to get - it's what you'd get in VB.NET (and many of its variants) if you, well, code a subprocedure call with the parameter list in parentheses - which is the correct synax for a function, not a sub.

So, just to speed up the next person who comes by - is all your SQL Server software up-to-date - patched to SQL2K sp3, up-to-date MDACs, and all that?

Chris

• Yes, it is a brand new computer with W2K sp4, SQL2k sp3 and all of the security patches etc.

• I get this also, on all five of the SQL Server installs I use. Seems to be a bug in the product.

• Microsoft has a fix for this. KB article is

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828308&Product=sql2k

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply