Error After Replication

• When I try to replicate data from local machine to a web server,, data is successfully transfered but the replication is failed and the error message is,, "Subscription To The Publication 'duplicate' is invalid" where duplicate is the database name..

JOHN

• Have you reinitialized the subscription and tried sending over a clean copy?

Andy

• quote:

Have you reinitialized the subscription and tried sending over a clean copy?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for you reply, but i had already tried to reinitialize the subscription. Also I repeated the whole replication process again,, but nothing helped..

Moreover When I try "Transactional Replication" i am very much successfull,, but that does not solve my purpose.. What I want is a "BIDIRECTION REPLICATION" (data will be inserted/updated on both the local and web server and the data should be replicated on both the servers),, so according to me "MERGE REPLICATION" will surely help me..

Also if you have any suggestion on BIDIRECTION REPLICATION please guide me..

JOHN

• quote:

Have you reinitialized the subscription and tried sending over a clean copy?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for you reply, but i had already tried to reinitialize the subscription. Also I repeated the whole replication process again,, but nothing helped..

Moreover When I try "Transactional Replication" i am very much successfull,, but that does not solve my purpose.. What I want is a "BIDIRECTION REPLICATION" (data will be inserted/updated on both the local and web server and the data should be replicated on both the servers),, so according to me "MERGE REPLICATION" will surely help me..

Also if you have any suggestion on BIDIRECTION REPLICATION please guide me..

JOHN

• Merge replication would work, as would transactional with immediate updating/queued updating subscibers. Both are suitable for doing data changes on both publisher and subscriber, merge probably offers more options (conflict resolution mainly).

However, we still need to resolve your problem. I found this that might be helpful:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=sql+server+subscription+invalid&start=10&hl=en&safe=off&rnum=12&selm=38YeCH9DBHA.180%40cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=sql+server+subscription+invalid&start=10&hl=en&safe=off&rnum=19&selm=8o5huh%245p8%241%40nnrp1.deja.com

Basically it suggests the problem is with how the name of the other server is being resolved. Let us know if this helps.

Andy

• quote:

Merge replication would work, as would transactional with immediate updating/queued updating subscibers. Both are suitable for doing data changes on both publisher and subscriber, merge probably offers more options (conflict resolution mainly).

However, we still need to resolve your problem. I found this that might be helpful:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=sql+server+subscription+invalid&start=10&hl=en&safe=off&rnum=12&selm=38YeCH9DBHA.180%40cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=sql+server+subscription+invalid&start=10&hl=en&safe=off&rnum=19&selm=8o5huh%245p8%241%40nnrp1.deja.com

Basically it suggests the problem is with how the name of the other server is being resolved. Let us know if this helps.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply,, I saw the links provided by you, and I acted accordingly.. But still the same error repeats..

Moreover the Action of after initiating the replication is "The subscription to publication 'sumariasink' is invalid."

The error code is "14010"

and the error description is "The remote server is not defined as a subscription server."

If I keep into mind the error description then "HOW DO I DEFINE A SUBSCRIPTION SERVER"

Also as mentiontion in the linking pages which you gave me,, can you explain to me how do I go about woking with alias..

JOHN

• Aliasing can be done several ways. Using the Server Network utility (or the client one as appropriate), entries in WINS or DNS. Probably you should use the first one.

I've run into problems once or twice where the only way I was able to resolve things was to drop the pub, then remove replication entirely, then start over. Possibly because I wasn't smart enough to think of something easier!

Andy

• quote:

Aliasing can be done several ways. Using the Server Network utility (or the client one as appropriate), entries in WINS or DNS. Probably you should use the first one.

I've run into problems once or twice where the only way I was able to resolve things was to drop the pub, then remove replication entirely, then start over. Possibly because I wasn't smart enough to think of something easier!

Andy

Hi Andy

I have got the problem of Replication Solved

Thanx a lot for the help

JOHN

• quote:

quote:

Aliasing can be done several ways. Using the Server Network utility (or the client one as appropriate), entries in WINS or DNS. Probably you should use the first one.

Andy

Hi Andy

I have got the problem of Replication Solved

Thanx a lot for the help

JOHN

Hi Andy,

There is one more small query,, whenever I use merge replication,, when generating the articles it gives me an error saying that since i am exceed LENGHT of 6000 the article cannot be added.. can anything be done to solve this error.. but condition is that i want to user merge replication only..

JOHN

• John,

One of the things we like to here at SQLServerCentral is close the loop - could you post what you did to fix your replication problem? That way other readers following this thread (or finding it via the search in the future) can see the resolution.

On the 6k limit, its basically due to the overhead that merge replication imposes. Mike Hotek has a detailed explanation on his site, just follow this link: http://www.mssqlserver.com/faq/replication-mergerowsizelimit.asp

If you HAVE to have more than 6k in a row, consider transactional, it doesnt have the row based overhead that merge does.

Andy

• quote:

John,

One of the things we like to here at SQLServerCentral is close the loop - could you post what you did to fix your replication problem? That way other readers following this thread (or finding it via the search in the future) can see the resolution.

On the 6k limit, its basically due to the overhead that merge replication imposes. Mike Hotek has a detailed explanation on his site, just follow this link: http://www.mssqlserver.com/faq/replication-mergerowsizelimit.asp

If you HAVE to have more than 6k in a row, consider transactional, it doesnt have the row based overhead that merge does.

Andy

Hi Andy,,

Sure the solution I applied was as follows :

The Error was "SUBSCRIPTION TO THE PUBLICATION IS INVALID"

The Error Code was "14010"

Actually The Error Description is "THE REMOTE SERVER IS NOT DEFINED AS A SUBSCRIPTION SERVER"

Now generaly what mistake I had made is,, I was replicating my LOCAL data with the WEB SERVER using the WEB SERVER's IP Address.. which is wrong, because SQL Server is not able to recognize the IP ADDRESS,, rather it recognizes the SERVER NAME...

so the solution I applied was :

If the server name is "ABC" and the IP Address is "111.11.111.111" then using the SQL's "CLIENT NETWORK UTILITY" map the SQL server name with the IP ADDRESS of the server,, then create a registration using the server name,, and then finally replicate the data from the local machine to the WEB SERVER using the SERVER NAME (AND NOT THE IP ADDRESS),,, THE MERGE REPLICATION WILL BE SUCCESSFULL....

I have given the description in a detailed manner becuase it is difficult to really understand the mapping concept...

Hope my explanation is very clear..

Thanx

JOHN

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply