Error 9002: The Transaction Log for MSDB database is full.

• Gail I want to discuss this:

These are the initial errors which I was getting are below:

Shrink failed for LogFile 'MSDBLog'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.0.2531.0+((Katmai_PCU_Main).090329-1015+)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Shrink+LogFile&LinkId=20476

------------------------------

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

------------------------------

The transaction log for database 'msdb' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databases

The transaction log for database 'msdb' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databases

Could not write a checkpoint record in database ID 4 because the log is out of space. Contact the database administrator to truncate the log or allocate more space to the database log files.

Cannot shrink file '2' in database 'msdb' to 768 pages as it only contains 712 pages.

Could not write a checkpoint record in database ID 4 because the log is out of space. Contact the database administrator to truncate the log or allocate more space to the database log files.

DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 9002)

FCB::Open failed: Could not open file e:\sql10_main_t\sql\mkmastr\databases\objfre\i386\MSDBData.mdf for file number 1. OS error: 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: torn page (expected signature: 0x0; actual signature: 0x9dc8cfec). It occurred during a read of page (2:0) in database ID 4 at offset 0x00000000130000 in file 'F:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\Mastlog.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

============

May I know what should I do initially?I have the backup of all the databases.

Edit:

Anyone knows how to check that either Team foundation service is working fine or not.

Thanks

• What is the current situation? Not the initial errors, those are pretty irrelevant since you rebuilt the system databases. What is the exact current situation?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Thanks.a.lot

I am able to login in Sharepoint service but I am not confirm about the Team foundation service as TFS service is running but in browsing it is giving error 401,403...

No error is now in eventviewer

What should I check for TFS?

Thanks

• No idea, never used TFS. Maybe ask that on a TFS forum or with TFS support?

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Thanks, I have opened it in MSDN forum..

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tfssetup/thread/fc5469e5-5245-468e-bb54-bc4f0012b53b

Thanks

• Snippet from your post... Errors & respective suggestions by SQL Server itself.

Could not open file e:\sql10_main_t\sql\mkmastr\databases\objfre\i386\MSDBData.mdf for file number 1. OS error: 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).

This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB).

• Dev @ +91 973 913 6683 (11/9/2011)

Snippet from your post... Errors & respective suggestions by SQL Server itself.

Except that so much has been done here (rebuild of system DBs and reinstall of SQL) that those are mostly no longer relevant.

Gail Shaw

• Initially Should I added new log in msdb and master databases in place of rebulid?

Thanks

• forsqlserver (11/9/2011)

Initially Should I added new log in msdb and master databases in place of rebulid?

Rebuild is for when the databases are damaged and unusable (or similar disasters) a full log can be resolved by fixing whatever's preventing truncation. If the log is so full that a checkpoint can't be done, then a new log file can be temporarily added so that the checkpoint can be run and the log reused.

Let's put it this way, how much downtime resulted from your decision to rebuild the system databases?

Gail Shaw

• Thanks Gail....I thinks it requires half day for rebuild the system DBs...

Thanks

• forsqlserver (11/9/2011)

Thanks Gail....I thinks it requires half day for rebuild the system DBs...

I make it 5 days from the time the thread started...

Gail Shaw

• Yes dear...Hmmm

Thanks

• forsqlserver (11/10/2011)

Yes dear...Hmmm

Nice way to say you don't agree but don't know why and are out of arguments.

For some people that might not be received too well.

:Whistling:

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply