Error 50000

• saw several jobs failed on the SQL Server, but from the job history, I couldn't see any reason for the failure. Then I checked the server logs, around that time, there was one entry:

Error: 50000, Severity: 0, State: 1

Is this severe? how to get more information about it?

Thanks a lot!

• 50000 and above are reserved for user defined errors.

If you can post more info, we might be able to help.

Steve Jones

sjones@sqlservercentral.com

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/sjones

• thank you, Steve.

Can you tell me how to get more info? is there a table which you can find user defined errors?

It's a sql application, and the above are the only things I can think of checking....

• Check the sysmessages table. For instance:

SELECT *
    FROM sysmessages
    WHERE error = 50000

K. Brian Kelley

bkelley@sqlservercentral.com

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bkelley/

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Yes to be more specific we need the error message after that. However the severity is 0 which usually is an informational message only 17 and above warrant major concern. See "Error Message Severity Levels" in SQL BOL for a bit of background.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• how can get more information about the Failed Job with error 50000

• I got the 50000 error also on a SQL Agent Job.  In my case Step 2 | Advanced |  On success action drop down was 'Quit the job reporting failure'.  Something easily overlooked and correct.  This may be a good April 1st trick provided your stakeholders have a sense of humor.

• The number 50000 is the default value when no error message number is supplied. You said you deleted some databases, it may be an application or service is still trying to connect to a deleted database and generating the error message.

• To fix error 50000 follow this steps-

You need to update your password because this is the first time you are signing in, or because your password has expired.

• Something went wrong.
    • Try again in a few minutes.
    • If this doesn't work, contact your admin and report the following error: 50000

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply