Error

• can  any one help on ho wto solve the issue

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. IES 10901

• Can you show us the T-SQL which generated the error, along with the data which caused it? Also, what would your ideal solution be? Return NULL instead, with no error?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• we are not sure the query as it is getting my tool  , may i know what are the reasons of getting this error and any idea to resolve this ?

• There is data which cannot be converted to a date.

May be something as easy as DMY/MDY/YMD settings if everything is a date.

Maybe one of the values in the table is 'ramyours2003' in which case that will not convert to a date.

Something in the source data is wrong when it wants to be converted to a date, what that is you will need to go and investigate your data.

• ramyours2003 wrote:

we are not sure the query as it is getting my tool  , may i know what are the reasons of getting this error and any idea to resolve this ?

The error message is clear on this.  The way to fix it is to find the code that generated the error and take a look at the table/columns being used and check them for non-date-convertable data.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Or you are doing date arithmetic and the resulting value exceeds the range for date/time data type you are using.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply