MDF, NDF & LDF files were copied and then we tried to reattach the database. It did not work.
I created a database with the exact filenames in my local machine, then shutdown it. After that I overwrote the MDF, NDF files (with the ones I backed up) and started the DB. I saw the database as 'Suspect'. I then changed the dabase into emergency mode and recreated the LOG file. Of course there were many consistency errors when I did a DBCC, but I could see data in the tables.
Because I havent found any reliable backups (or at least newer than a month ago) I am extracting the contents of the tables into a new database. I am still in this process as of right now. I will then dettach that new detabase, and attach it to the server. After that I will add indexes and constraints to each table.
A lot of work, but I think it will saves us this time.
Yes, backup strategy is something still missing here. I am new in both the company and sql server. I will need to RTFM and start making backups with transdactions logs.
I will notify how did it go.