Error 257 from distribution agent in transactional replication

• I'm trying to setup transactional replication between 2 servers.  Each time I set it running I get the following error from the distribution agent:

"Implicit conversion from data type text to nvarchar is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query."

The last command is always a call to sp_addsynctriggers.

I've been using transactional replication on other systems for the last few years and this is the first issue I have seen.  Have tried completely disabling and starting the setup from scratch - still no joy.

Any advice gratefully received!!

Paul

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Try to post it in sqlmonster.com

. . .

• Thanks - I'll give that a try.

• Fixed it - but by luck rather than judgement.

I found that there were 3 tables in the database that were getting this problem.  they had nothing in common and were pretty similar in terms of rows, columns and data types to other tables that were replicating fine.

To try and get better info on why there was a problem I tried replicating 3 tables that I knew were OK and then changing the distribution agent profile to verbose output.  Then added in one of the problem tables and it worked first time.  Tested by changing data at publisher and all went through OK.

So... setup replication again just using all the tables that worked, got it up and running and then added in the articles for the problem tables - worked perfectly (with/without verbose output)!

I'd be very interested if anyone can explain why .....

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply