Error 229 Access to objects

• Hello,

I have an issue with 2 users who have access to all the db's but two of those db's they get an error when accessing objects

i have doubled check their permission it has no deny db reader or writer all are db_owner, when i grant them sysadmin as a test it works. Any idea

error

It's better to fail while trying, rather than fail without trying!!!

• I don't think you can assign permissions directly on the hidden mssqlsystemresource database.  You'll need to assign a server-level permission to the user - possibly something like VIEW SERVER STATE.

John

• do they have read access to master?

we had this recently on a 2012 box and changing user permissions to be ssis_admin, they couldn't run the ssis reports without getting errors with mssqlresource databases, granting read to master was a dirty fix to solve the issue.

• No permission on master but i will give it a try and feedback if all working

• smthembu wrote:

Hello,

I have an issue with 2 users who have access to all the db's but two of those db's they get an error when accessing objects

i have doubled check their permission it has no deny db reader or writer all are db_owner, when i grant them sysadmin as a test it works. Any idea

error

A larger question would be... why do you have low priv'ed users that need to examine query store?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• smthembu wrote:

No permission on master but i will give it a try and feedback if all working

According to the documentation, they need view database state permissions:

sys.query_store_runtime_stats (Transact-SQL)

Sue

• They are not viewing query store, this is from a user db which they have db_owner permission but below erro

error1

• Granting access to the master db it didn't work

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply