error -2147467259

• I have a batch-job in form of vb-dll calling a series of heavy stored procedures in a 7.0 database. But recently the batch fails in the middle, on different procedures, and I get error –2147467259.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Kajsa

• Unfortunately -2147467259 applys to a lot of possibilities. Do you have the exteneded message that was returned. Also you will most likely need to step thru the code in debug to catch where the problem is coming from exactly or try watching thru Profiler to see if a step is failing.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• The description I get is:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server][TCP/IP Sockets] ConnectionRead(recv()).

I get the error on different sp:s in the batch, but I don´t get an error while debugging.

Something is very strange...

• Have you tried recompiling the DLL and replace. Also when you finish with one SP are you closing the connection and reopening? Switching open and closed has caused this to me before when done quickly as the driver went to unavailable. SO I don't close connections just recordsets until I am completely done.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply