Error: 17827, Severity: 20, State: 1.

• We are running SQL 2008 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 sp2 Enterprise Edition, all 32 bit. We are getting this error about 5 times a day.

Error: 17827, Severity: 20, State: 1.

There was a failure while attempting to encrypt a password. The connection has been closed.

The connection is coming from a third party application running on Windows Server 2003 sp2 Enterprise Edition (also 32 bit). The server making the connection recieves the following error.

SQL call failed. General network error. Check your network documentation.

This process in particular runs every hour and typically runs without any issues, but occasionally this error shows up. We do get this error from other processes and servers as well, this was just one example.

I don't see much on Error 17827 on the internet. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks much.

• I know this is an old post, but in case anyone else is looking around for info about this error... It happened to me yesterday and I was able to track down the cause to a physical resource constraint. There was a process running at the time, which pinned the cpu to 100% utilization and SQL Server simply said "I don't have any resources to accomodate another conenection at this time". So check what is eating up your server resources when you see this error.

• Did anyone ever come across this error? I am now having this issue with no good results on a resolution. It has happened twice.

Kindest Regards,
    David

** Obstacles are those frightening things that appear when we take our eyes off the goal. **

• Maybe try to run PM on the box and see if there is something that is eating up resources when it happens.

• I know that is quite some time, but in case someone runs into this preoblem. Check this link https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/891f4fca-40ad-46db-984e-1360e0190da4/error-17827-failure-while-attempting-to-encrypt-a-password?forum=sqlsecurity in that link search for Amy Peng's answer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply