Error :15274 Access to the remote server is denied because the current security context is not trusted.

• I have a service broker which calls a stores procedure sp_dequeue

queue -->

ACTIVATION

( STATUS = ON,

MAX_QUEUE_READERS = 1,

PROCEDURE_NAME = sp_dequeue,

EXECUTE AS 'Username'

);

In my sp_dequeue i am inserting record in to Linked server...

So when i am calling sp_dequeue from the magmnt studio it works fine. But when its called automatically via service broker i get this error msg :

"Access to the remote server is denied because the current security context is not trusted.".

In my linked server property i have checked "Be made using this security constraint" and provided oracle userid and pwd also i have added 'Username' mapping to oracle server.(Both username and pwd of oracle/SQL are different)

I googled for this error tried mostly all combination.

Pls do help me in sloving this problem.

using Sql server 2005 and oracle 10g

• I got it resolved

• Please post the resolution so others can see in case they had the same error or similar issue.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• Since we are using sql server 2005 we forgot to enable TRUSTWORTHY bit

ALTER DATABASE [DB_NAME] SET TRUSTWORTHY ON

u can check this blog w.r.t TRUSTWORTHY

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlsecurity/archive/2007/12/03/the-trustworhy-bit-database-property-in-sql-server-2005.aspx

• Thanks for posting back!

ranjeeth.pt (7/27/2011)

Since we are using sql server 2005 we forgot to enable TRUSTWORTHY bit

ALTER DATABASE [DB_NAME] SET TRUSTWORTHY ON

u can check this blog w.r.t TRUSTWORTHY

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlsecurity/archive/2007/12/03/the-trustworhy-bit-database-property-in-sql-server-2005.aspx%5B/quote%5D

From the article you linked to:

Conclusions

The TW bit is used as a mechanism to control the surface area on very powerful features, but it relies on the DBO to be following least privilege principles, and not being a sysadmin. Having the combination of a sysadmin being the DBO on a DB that has been marked as TW bit = ON is a very dangerous one and we recommend to avoid it whenever it is possible.

Setting the TRUSTWORTHY bit can be very dangerous to the security of your system. Who is the dbo of the database? Is it sa, or someone in the sysadmin Fixed Server Role? In any case I would advise you to find a different way to make your application work than to use the TRUSTWORTHY bit.

More from the article's conclusion:

As an alternative to the TW bit, in SQL Server 2005 we also introduced the notion of module signing, and the digital signatures can be used to extend the impersonation context beyond the DBand to establish an explicit trust on signed assemblies

Have you explored signing the stored procedure your Service Broker is calling? Signing your procedure with a certificate should allow you to avoid setting the TRUSTWORTHY bit while still allowing your SB process to access the Linked Server. Signing Stored Procedures with a Certificate

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• Msg 15274, Level 16, State 1, Line 6

Access to the remote server is denied because the current security context is not trusted.

I am getting the same error for a linked server, not a database.  Any ideas?

• lpowell_NC wrote:

Msg 15274, Level 16, State 1, Line 6 Access to the remote server is denied because the current security context is not trusted.

I am getting the same error for a linked server, not a database.  Any ideas?

If you are using impersonation then you may instead have to supply the remote login name and password.

----------------------------------------------------

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply