Error 14058: the subscription already exists

• Had some free time, so I'm doing what I've put off for at least two years, namely getting some practical hands-on experience with replication.

I seem to have created the published database just fine, it seems to be the subscriber end that I'm having trouble with.

I had goofed on my first attempt to create a "Pull Subscription", so I deleted it in Enterprise Manager. Now, I can't create it again, because apparently the delete didn't get quite everything. Apparently, there is some system table that contains information about the subscription that no longer exists.

quote:

Error 14058: the subscription already exists.

The server doesn't really believe the subscription exists, or it would show it to me in EM. But it believes in it just enough to keep me from doing re-creating it.

Any clues? Is there a system table I need to hammer? Any MS engineers whose big toes need whacking at with a ballpeen hammer?

Edited by - Lee Dise on 08/14/2003 1:52:18 PM

• Never mind... I figured it out. All I did was go back, drop the publication, re-create the publication, and then do a push subscription. The bogus subscription info -- apparently stored in the 'distribution' database on the pushing server -- contained the obsolete subscription info, and these actions re-initialized it.

Thanks anyway!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply