Newtonsoft error in SSIS. How to configure?

• Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxx' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the specified file.

I'm using Newtonsoft on SSIS.

But when running the package this error is displayed. Please, how can I perform this configuration?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  danielmarcos.
  • Have you added the Newtonsoft DLL to the GAC?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi Phil Parkin.

I didn't add the DLL to the GAC because I have little knowledge of C#. I'm studying to develop projects.

If there is any link or video that can help with understanding, I'm very grateful.

• In order for SSIS to find the Newtonsoft assembly when the package runs, you need the following two things to be in place:

1. The assembly to be in the GAC (installed using GACUtil)
    2. A reference to the Newtonsoft DLL in your Script Task. Add this after you have added the DLL to the GAC and ensure that the reference points to the GAC version of the assembly.

(Using Nuget in SSIS probably won't work, once a package has been deployed.)

Have a look at this link for some additional information: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/0633f589-f9ab-4806-93cd-9e0c2cebcbd7/use-newtonsoftjson-in-ssis-via-script-component?forum=sqlintegrationservices

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply