Environment variables starting with "CM."

• We have a set of environment variables that are not created by our scripts that start out with "CM."

I can't find any mention of this except a few sites that deliberately exclude them, such as the ones below:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28684345/using-ssis-environment-variable-on-different-servers

Are these just automatically generated in the Environment Variables list based on SSIS Connection Managers originally created in Visual Studio ?

Please advise.

• Not that I'm aware of.   If you have an SSIS package that uses environment variables for configuration purposes, generally, that is the kind of thing that tells you what your connection string is for the local server to the SSIS_DB database.   Once you can connect to that, you can get any other configuration data you could possibly need.   To my knowledge, SSIS does NOT create environment variables on it's own.   It's generally up to you (or a server admin) to do that.

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• Turns out they came from Visual Studio 2015 when defining an SSIS Data Source as a Project Data Source.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply