Encryted Records in All Colums

• Hi All,

Hope you are doing great. I want to know one thing. I have idea on SMK, DMK and symmetric and asymmetric keys. I have also idea on TDE. But Is there any way to encrypt all the records of all the columns of a table in a database? actually I need to encrypt the database. Someone .... thinks that when someone will write select query he will get the encrypted records. As per as I am concerned it is not possible. I can encrypt the specific column using symmetric or other keys...

Is there any software or any tool which will provide encrypted records of database?

Please help!!

• niladri.primalink (11/6/2014)

Hi All,

Hope you are doing great. I want to know one thing. I have idea on SMK, DMK and symmetric and asymmetric keys. I have also idea on TDE. But Is there any way to encrypt all the records of all the columns of a table in a database? actually I need to encrypt the database. Someone .... thinks that when someone will write select query he will get the encrypted records. As per as I am concerned it is not possible. I can encrypt the specific column using symmetric or other keys...

Is there any software or any tool which will provide encrypted records of database?

Please help!!

Quick thougt, it sounds kind of a strange requirement as if the data is encrypted, most queries will not make any sense so why allowing them in the first place? A more common approach is to TDE the database and restrict the access.

😎

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply