Empty TABLE

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Empty TABLE

• Thanks a nice, easy one to end the week on.

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Very nice!

😀

• Nice One 🙂

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Easy one, thanks.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Interesting question 🙂

Igor Micev,My blog: www.igormicev.com

• Yeah that was a good one... have never contemplated dropping the only column in a table. Interesting to see the error.

• A simple one to end the week. Thanks for the question.

• Thank you for the post, very interesting one.

(so, 63 people thought that they can create a table with no cols; if this becomes real, I am not sure how and where this can be used; would be cool though if they come up with a real-time situation where this is a must...):-D

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• Thanks, Vimal, for the nice question. I also had never contemplated removing the only column in a table.

• stephen.long.1 (2/13/2015)

Thanks, Vimal, for the nice question. I also had never contemplated removing the only column in a table.

+1

Everything is awesome!

• I was hoping for an option like: The instance disappears in a puff of smoke!

• It's like singin' to empty tables

Or a gallery full of ghosts

Or like givin' a great big party

Where nobody shows but the host...

• Raghavendra Mudugal (2/13/2015)

Thank you for the post, very interesting one.

(so, 63 people thought that they can create a table with no cols; if this becomes real, I am not sure how and where this can be used; would be cool though if they come up with a real-time situation where this is a must...):-D

I could imagine someone wanting to have a staging table with "dynamic" columns that can be added or removed depending on the information. This seems like POS, but I'm sure someone can come up with this idea.

Most of the time, I couldn't find any use for a table with a single column either.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply