Employers that let thier DBAs telecommute

• Does anyone know of any companies that let thier DBAs telecommute? I'm surprised I haven't found more of them.

• When I backfill for another DBA at my outsourcing company, I telecommute to do support times as requested by the client.

It's okay, but very slow so I only use it to resolve urgent/critical issues. Good for late night

and weekend support

Adonia

• My old company did. It sucked. When you called them, you got a message and if you were lucky, they would get back to you. They even had a DBA on call schedule for emergency. I had a production problem one time and I called the DBA on call. No one answered. I called at least 5 times. The next day when I tried to complain to the DBA manager, he said I was not following proper procedure that I should enter a trouble ticket, blah, blah, blah, just tried to cover himself and his wonderful DBA.

• My company lets me do it. I telecommute 2 days a week. Between terminal server and my VOIP phone I'm just as "present" and available telecommuting as I am sitting at the office. It's been very successful.

• I offer remote support for both of my clients. I spend some days on site other at my office it works fine for us.

Gethyn Elliswww.gethynellis.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply