EMC SRDF corrupts MSDB database

• Anyone with experiences syncing up database over the WAN using SRDF? I'm not an expert in SQL but when we do an SRDF, the msdb database in <target cluster> remains in a "suspect state". We manually have to restore MSDB database to the target database. Any ideas regarding EMC SRDF? This is not a full SRDF, it's a DELTA SRDF (Updates to existing databases) syncing up database accross the WAN. A full SRDF will take days so we just sync up updates.

Assumptions:

- We are using MS Cluster on both sites

- Both sites have over 4 Terabytes of DB data

- We unmount the DB to flush any cache before SRDF (Source unmount)

- Once SRDF is done, we break the sync/split SRDF and bring one site online. Source Site is OK but the Target Site has corrupted or suspect databases.

Please help! What are we doing wrong?

• Which the version of the SQL? 

Which the version of the Windows? 

Wich version TimeFinder ?

Verifies if paths of the archives is equal in the two installations.  (select * from sysaltfiles in both installations)

The error persists after a synchronization full?

in destionation nodes, Cluster Service is stoped when sync ? Cluster service start normally after sync ?

I worked with same arquiteture and with me no problems, you try EMC Support ?

provide more information for support.

• We had similar issues when we had tried to work from our disaster site. Unfortunately, we had the same problem with a big database and we had to send all the data from the production to the disaster site. We realised that both servers must be shutdown before synchronizing the two disk subsystems.

Regards

Petros

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply