Email or Username

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/29/2016)

below86 (6/29/2016)

I had my SSC account tied to my work email, and the password was saved by IE. So when I lost my job and couldn't remember the password but I did have my user name I thought I was going to have to start over here with a new account. I was able to get the kind people here to switch my account to be tied to my home email address, after giving them some info.

I like having an email address and user name together, with a couple key questions that only you would know the answer to. This would have made my scenario easier to resolve on my own. Or have the option to tie your account to more than one email address, I think LinkedIn does have this option.

That's a good idea. I'll ask if we can think about this in the future.

Are you still thinking about this? I don't see that it is an option yet. Since starting my new job I've left my account tied to my home email address. My employer, along with a lot of companies frown upon employees checking there home email while at work. If I post a question I have about how to do something that I need for my job, I can't get the notification since it is tied to my home email. I could change it to my new work email, but I don't want to have my account tied to only that email account. And my only other option I think would be to keep checking any posts I make.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

Viewing post 31 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply