Email notifications for users you follow

• The email notifications you get when a User you follow posts aren't as "good" as those you get when you get a notification for a topic you're subscribed to. I'm sure we've all sent them, but the emails you get for subscription emails is in the format below:

{User} wrote:

{Post Content}

Post Link: {Post URL}

-----------

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to a forum topic.

Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails.

When clicking the URL, you also get to view the whole topic, which is expected, and means that you can read up or down on the topic if there are other replies you haven't read yet.

On the hand, the notifications when you follow someone are in the format:

You can view the new reply here:

{Reply URL}

That's it. When you click said Reply URL (why I didn't say {Post URL})  the loaded page only displays that reply, nothing else (example). This means that the post has literally no context when the notification is in regards to a reply.

Can you notification email for users you follow be improved? The content of the post, and a link like that in the topic subscription emails (to the reply in the topic) would be far better than to the individual reply and nothing else. Otherwise I can see this functionality becoming somewhat less than useful.

Thanks.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Noticed this. It's on the list

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply