Email Multiple Operators

• Hi,

I have a database maintennace plan the result of which I want tosend to multiple operators. How can i send emails to multiple operators.

Manish 

• two choises:

1. Create a separate operator wich has the email address of a distribution list in which you keep the addresses of all those operators

2. Create aq second step on the Job that raises an error which is trapped by an Alert. And include on that alert all the operators you need to

hth

* Noel

• Create one operator with multiple email addresses seprated by semi colon ";" and select that operator to notify incase of job fails.

Kindest Regards,

Syed
    Sr. SQL Server DBA

• Thanks Syed that helped.

Manish

• as a side note the space available for separating emails with ";" is very limited you won't probably be able to acomodate more than 4 ( and some times, depending on the addresses of course, even less)

* Noel

• There is a way to get around this space issue.

Open your MSDB database and edit the table sysoperators, increase the size of field (email_address) to 500 from 100 or what ever and copy paste the email address seprated by semi colon over there for that operator.

Be sure you dont breaks the line use notepad to type them all and copy paste it in cell, they all wont appear in Enterprise manager but email will go to all of them.

To be realistic you may not need to send notification to more than two operators who are DBA or may be three but it all depends what you are trying to achieve.

Kindest Regards,

Syed
    Sr. SQL Server DBA

• Syed,

I just made the comment because I had to email 3 people once and I came accross that limitation. On the other end you shouldn't be changing systems tables like that - it is dangerous. And if you ever need MS support you may be out of luck if they figure that one out

* Noel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply