EM Connection via Wireless Network

• Hello,

A friend of mine set up a wireless network for me at home. And I am able to log into my employer's VPN. However, now I am unable connect to my servers through Enterprise Manager. I used to be able to do this before through CAT5 cable. Could you possibly know what changed?

The router information is idential as are the network connections. I am able to terminal service into the servers and connect to them via Query Analyzer, but Enterprise Manager times out.

Thanks!!

Melanie

• EM probably pulling back a lot more info. You might try adjusting the timeout. Probably also want to profile just to make sure it is getting the connection to the server and not something else going on. If you can ping the server you've got connectivity.

Andy

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• Hi Andy,

Thank you so much!! You allowed me to continue to telecommute every Fridays (can't give that up!).

Thanks!!

Melanie

• If you are using a Server name the resolution may be taking too long setup Client network Utility with the name and the IP to shorten the time making sure it understands use TCP/IP as the protocol stack.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply