Eliminating CSV Conversion Step

• Please assist. I have inherited this ETL. I am trying to eliminate unnecessary steps like the Conversion of an Excel to CSV(it's taking very long to complete)

SSIS and Data source are attached.

1. Eliminate the Step of converting an Excel file into a CSV. My result is in the screenshot below:

p01

2. Data for P09 is missing. P09 is from February. I am getting it from the source attached. The month of February needs to be brought in:

feb

3. When the data is brought in from the Excel source it is Unpivoted. I am not sure if the Destination Column Should be Fiscal Year or Fiscal Period.

p02

4. The Stored Procedure that is part of the ETL is attached

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  yrstruly.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • so you are asking us to do your work for free?

one thing is to help with particular issues or problems. Error you may get with code for example.

But this is a bit more than what free help is for.

• To add to what Frederico_fonseca said, we don't even know what tool you are importing the data to/from. You say "ETL", but is this SSIS? I think so, but not sure.

Issue 1 - excel to CSV - is there a reason you are even doing that conversion? SSIS supports Excel as a data source as far as I am aware, so why not use that? Unless you are not using SSIS...

Issue 2 is a problem with your source data. You have a calculation that is wrong. Not much we can do to fix that for you. #REF is an excel error in the cell calculation, so you'll need to fix your source data.

Issue 3 how would we know? It's your data. If you don't know, ask the business or your data analyst.

Issue 4 - not really an issue, but you have been on the forum long enough to know how to post code rather than attachments.

But like Frederico_fonseca said - you are not likely to find anyone willing to work for free. IF you really need help with this, I would recommend hiring a consultant if it is a short term bit of help and hiring an expert if it is long term support you need.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply