Election Day

• So, are you going to vote today? You really should.

No endorsements here. Just asking you to vote.

• Yep -- first thing this morning, before I came to work.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Nelson Williams-487553 (11/2/2010)

So, are you going to vote today?

No.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Nor me. I was surprised to find that one of my old classmates is standing for Senate though, especially as we're from England!

• I find that irresponsible. Here we are on the government created Internet engaging in the free exchange of ideas and you don't want to take part.

I think that's wrong. I am not asking you to vote for a particular candidate, just to take part in the debate.

You know, the best vote I ever cast was for an Independent candidate. I felt that was one of the times that I really voted. It wasn't out of a sense of duty. It was because that was what I wanted.

By the way, who the friend who is a Senate candidate? Just curious. I am not going to do anything nasty.

I find that irresponsible. Here we are on the government created Internet engaging in the free exchange of ideas and you don't want to take part.

I think that's wrong. I am not asking you to vote for a particular candidate, just to take part in the debate.

You are aware, yes, that not everyone who is on here is in the U.S.?

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

By the way, who the friend who is a Senate candidate? Just curious. I am not going to do anything nasty.

His name's Geoff Cook - I think he's in Rhode Island. I still live in our home town of Stevenage (hence the not voting).

I normally vote in UK elections but sometimes exercise my right not to. If everybody here actually turned up to vote the system could not cope anyway!

• I know, but I have a feeling that most of the readers are here in the United States. 😉

I know, but I have a feeling that most of the readers are here in the United States. 😉

You'd be surprised. Check out the thread that I started over here a while back! 🙂

I find that irresponsible. Here we are on the government created Internet engaging in the free exchange of ideas and you don't want to take part.

You know, the best vote I ever cast was for an Independent candidate. I felt that was one of the times that I really voted. It wasn't out of a sense of duty. It was because that was what I wanted.

Understand, some of the people saying "no" are not US citizens.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

The elections for Her Majesty's government were in May this year.

I'm a British citizen resident in South Africa.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I agree. Every US citizen should go and vote.

And everyone should go and vote.

And then go and vote again[/url].

Specifically, support our local Gila[/url] Monster[/url] or PowerShell FTW[/url].

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

So, are you going to vote today? You really should.

No endorsements here. Just asking you to vote.

No. I'm in the US, but I'm not a US citizen.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Ah, my apologies. It's good that you voted in May, though.

• Grant Fritchey (11/2/2010)

And then go and vote again[/url].

Link doesn't work...

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply