eLEarning with IMGUniversity - OLAP

• Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/sjones/imguniversity_olap.asp

• I enjoyed your article. But when I went to check out IMGUniversity.com, the cost of the course is listed at $699 and not $149.

• Thanks for the notice. I went through this last August. I guess they've raise prices. Not sure I'd do it at $699. I did learn quite a bit and it was a well put together experience, but that's above my "impulse purchase" range.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• hi

Thanks for nice article..Will it be worth

$699 as it is listed now..

if u could suggest any other alternative, that will be great!!

• No other great suggestions right now. At $699, I'm not sure. It's cheaper than the classroom and you'd probably learn as much, but you lose the ability to interact with the instructors in real time. Of course, you can submit questions via email and you will get responses.

You'd have to judge for yourself, but I learned alot from the course.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• I checked out the outline for this course. I think you can learn pretty much the same stuff using MS SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services Step by Step by Reed Jacobson. I believe the book is < $50. I think it is a better buy than the $699 online course.

• Definitely cheaper, but there are some differences. The course includes reminders and interaction with instructors as well as exams and tests. I'm sure the book has tests, but having it online is much more helpful, imho. There is some value from the course that isn't in the book.

I think it comes down to , are you a book learner or do you need some stimulation. Have to admit that having weekly reminders definitely encouraged me to keep working through it.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply