Editing report templates

• I edited the StyleTemplates.xml file in an attempt to add a template with my company's colours and I ran into the following problems

If I add a new template to the xml, it shows up in the report wizard but doesn't work

If I edit the name of a template in the xml, the changed name shows up, but the template doesn't work.

Anyone else encountered these problems? Does anyone know how to fix them?

At the moment, I'm just editing the contents of the 'Corporate' at the moment and it works fine, but I'd really like to add several different templates for my developers.

Thanks for your help

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I have edited sytletemplates.xml to include template for my organization and it works fine. You got to keep it in mind that at this time, tags available under 'Corporate' templates are the only choice. As far as fonts color, size, style etc are concern, you can do it.

If you want to do like having company logo or anything in header or footer, you can do it by creating a blank report without datasource, only items like company logo or any other items you want to make standard and then place it in '..\80\Tools\Report Designer\ProjectItems\ReportProject'. Now this template will appear in 'Add New' dialogue, now whenever you want to create new report, use this newly added template. But you have to add all other properties like datasource manually.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply