DYNAMICS is read-only

• While installing the trial version of MS Dynamics, and error was displayed indicating that the DYNAMICS database was read only.

I realized that SQL Server 2005 services were not running so I started up these services:

SQL Server 2005 (SQLEXPRESS)

SQL Server Browser

The installer comes packaged with SQL Server 2005, does it try to 'overwrite' the installation? In the end I get an error indicating that the installation failed.

Troubleshooting

Renamed

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\Data\GPSDYNAMICSDat.mdf to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\Data\GPSDYNAMICSDat.mdf GPSDYNAMICSDat.mdf.DELETE

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\Data\GPSDYNAMICSDat.mdf\GPSDYNAMICSLog.ldf to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\Data\GPSDYNAMICSDat.mdf\GPSDYNAMICSLog.ldf\GPSDYNAMICSLog.ldf.DELETE

I am getting the following error, after which the installation seems to rollback:

Failed to update database 'DYNAMICS' because database is read-only.

Windows Server 2008 64 bit

SQL Server 2005 (Express edition)

I also tried uninstalling SQL Server 2005 from the Add/Remove Programs :), and, trying to run the installer again, however, an error message was displayed indicating that the database used 'DYNAMICS' was read-only. Installation rolls back.

Any workarounds?

• Read the attachment in my last post in the thread below for how to write enable you database, you must also know x64 operating system require x86 SQL Server 2005 Express binaries created for x64 operating system.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic730306-149-1.aspx

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply