Dynamically creating columns in reporting services

• Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me?  I am trying to dynamically display columns in a report using reporting services based on whether or not the sproc contains data for certain fields.  Although I have created a table containing all of the columns and can hide them based on whether they are populated or not when I run the report which has a filter at the top of it, the filter appears central to the overall width of the report as if it contained all of the columns. There are 57 columns in total, but I only wish to display an average of 10 which would usually be the greatest amount populated at any one time.

I also tried inserting code in the report properties code tag, but this did not work.

Is this possible in reporting services does anyone know?

Thanks

Deirdre

• Let me understand, you are saying you've gotten past the dynamically displaying columns with code like so:

Set the Visiblity->Hidden Property for the column(s) equal to something like:

=IIF(Trim(Fields!ColumnX.Value)="SomeValue",True,False)

But you want to dynamically shrink the width of the report? (I thought it did this automagically, but maybe it doesn't)

Unfortunately, I don't have answer for you I just want to be sure I understand the question.

Greg

• Yes Greg,

That is more or less exactly what I have done.  Still no success the report does not seem to automatically resize.

Deirdre

• What has this got to do with Yukon?

• Rosetta or MS reporting services was due to be released with Yukon but was issued earlier instead.  It is an appendage to Yukon.

• Yes, but there is a forum specific to Reporiting Services on this site. The OP should have posted there.

• As I was unaware of there being a specific forum for Reporting services then I thank you for letting me know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply