Dynamically create and populate staging tables from CSV files

• Please !!

Do U know if there is another solution to do this with thousand lines in a file ?

• Hi Stan,

Thank U for your answer.

Do U think that there is a solution with excel file source and thousand lines in a EXCEL file ??

• I am not sure of what you are asking, but an Excel file with 1000 lines is not a big file. Exporting it to CSV would be trivial.

Do you know how to export a CSV file from Excel by doing a "File-Save As" then choosing "MS-DOS CSV" as the type?

• Hi Stan,

Thank you for your answer.

Ok, I will try your script with csv file.

• Dynamically create and populate staging tables from CSV files. Program can't load records that have the apostrophe character . Do you have any solution for that?

• LS2 wrote:

Dynamically create and populate staging tables from CSV files. Program can't load records that have the apostrophe character . Do you have any solution for that?

Yes... get a better program. 😀

Now I suppose you're going to spam us with one, yes?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I would open the CSV file in Excel and search-and-replace the apostrophe with nothing, then save the revised file as a CSV file that now contains no apostrophes.

• Stan Kulp-439977 wrote:

I would open the CSV file in Excel and search-and-replace the apostrophe with nothing, then save the revised file as a CSV file that now contains no apostrophes.

Apostrophes generally aren't a problem with anything that can handle a CSV.  That's why I think the post was a setup for spam.  I could be wrong.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply