Dynamically calling child SSIS packages within a project

• Hi All,

I've not really used SSIS for a while, and I'm now building some in 2012 and trying to utilise some of the features in the 2012 SSIS catalogue; however I've hit a bit of a stumbling block.

What I'm trying to do is have a master/child package relationship, with several child packages and where the child packages themselves are dynamically called (i.e. the master package may call a different child package based upon some value or state of data already processed.) When I try and create an expression for the PackageNameFromProject property... well, that property doesn't appear to set dynamically. I know how to do this for old style packages by creating expressions for the package name etc; but that way I can't use the package parameters I have from my master package.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Matthew

Follow me on twitter @EvoDBACheck out my blog Natural Selection DBA[/url]

• I recently did this but I don't have the details in from of me.

If I remember correctly, in the Execute Package task expressions, look for Package Name. Set that to the name of the package you want to call. I have a variable for the package name that gets set by a SQL task that executes just before this.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• OK thanks; wasn't sure if that would work or would only evaluate for the old style package call.

Follow me on twitter @EvoDBACheck out my blog Natural Selection DBA[/url]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply