Dynamic Row Level Security SSRS to SSAS Tabular

• Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me please.  I am currently implementing dynamic row level security within the SSAS tabular model.  I have got this working now passing the current user to both Excel and Power BI and the data is filtered as I would expect.

I am now trying to implement this within SSRS as well.  I have created a test report which connects to the SSAS model and when I test using prompt for credentials (I am using Windows Integrated security for that) and enter a test user the results on the report come back filtered.  This is great for testing but not great for production.  In production we normally use a service account as well to connect to our report data sources.

My question is that passing the windows user via being prompted for credentials works.  However when I switch the data source to pick up the current logged in user I get connection errors to the data source.  Even for myself as an admin users.

Has anyone had any experience making this work between SSRS and the SSAS tabular model?

As mentioned earlier I can connect to Excel and Power BI so 2 out of 3 ain't bad as the song goes!  However I need to be 3 out of 3.

I hope this makes if not please fire back any questions and I will answer as best I can.

Many thanks in advance.

Viewing 0 posts

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply