Dynamic Properties Task

• I'm using SQL2000 standard on a standalone box. As I worked thru a DTS sample posted on this forum, I found Dynamic Properties Task icon missing on my DTS design panel. Why? How can I get it? Thanks much.

• Perhaps someone accidentally un-registered it?  It is registered by default when the client tools are loaded.

Anyway, you should be able to find "custtask.dll" in

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn"

If the file is there, then open DTS Designer, click on "Task" in the menu bar (top left), then click "Register Custom Task".  Enter "Dynamic Properties Task" for the description.  Click the task location ellipsis to navigate to the above directory and click on "custtask.dll".  You should see three icons at the bottom.  Click on the Dynamic Properties task icon to highlight it and then click OK.  You should now see the Dynamic Properties task in the task bar.

The other two icons are for the Message Queue task and the FTP task.  The icons are in "Custtask.rll" which must be located in "...\Resources\1033\".

If you can't find these two custask files, you will need to re-install the client tools, or you could just copy the files from another SQL Server.  In that case you can put the DLL wherever you want as long as you make sure the RLL is in the sub-folder "...\Resources\1033\".  Then just follow the steps above to register the DLL within DTS.

Bill.

( Some info obtained from http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?225&nbsp

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply