Dynamic Page Number in report body

• I've been finding a way to display Page number in in body of the report. But I still haven't found a working solution.
    Initially I tried to use a text box in body area(reference to the Globals!PageNumber from Header area) by using ReportItems. But unsuccessful since it doesn't to the same scope. Next, I tried using custom code. It is just giving value 1 for every page. Third, I tried to count the page number by using row number. But, I am having difficult to how to compute out since i am giving empty rows using loop (inside Stored procedure)to have fixed row numbers in every page.
    Can anyone help me out? I  have to display page number in report body area.

• Why do you need it in the report body? Can you not put it in the footer?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Task requirement. I am getting lose faith, as it seems an impossible mission. But at least, I want to ask for help hoping somebody might has solution. :crying:

• Newbi - Monday, April 10, 2017 2:19 AM

Task requirement. I am getting lose faith, as it seems an impossible mission. But at least, I want to ask for help hoping somebody might has solution. :crying:

I'm not sure you really can in the body. Why is it a requirement?

The problem with putting it in the body is that it's not a repeating item. Therefore you'd have to make a textbox at each point where the body starts a new page. This poses more problems, as if your report isn't fixed length, then you have no idea where to put the text box. on Monday the table could be 50 lines, so you put a text box at say line 25, and line 50, to show your new pages. Then the next day, it's 74, HOWEVER, line 12 has a massive text string in in, making the line 3 times taller than normal. you'd then need your texboxes at lines 23, 48, 73 and then again after 74 9and that's assuming all the other lines are the same standard height).

The place to put it is in the footer, and i don't really understand why you can't. Could you elaborate on the need for why it can't be? I don't mean "I was told to", I mean, "The person says it needs to go here, because x and y."It might well be the person doesn't really understand their "reason", and so you can effectively do it properly.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• I see...But I gave fixed width and heigh to my lines. I do know most of the walk around out there fail to display dynamic page information without using Globals!PageNumber because of the rendering, the problem is the body is rendered before the header and footer, therefore the code cannot access the correct pagination, since it is determined AFTER all elements in the body.

• Why does your body need to access the page number?

Thom~

Larnu.uk

• In my report, I don't want Report Header mainly because, it is repeating for the consecutive pages, even if I try to hide, the reserved white space still exist in following pages. In the End of the tablix I am attaching a full page rectangle so I can't have the Page Header. So right now I am trying to put the rectangle inside the tablix row and make it repeat every page like a Page Header. Inside this, I want to display dynamic Page number like the way we use Globals! in report header. I still couldn't find a way to mimic the features of it. That's why I want to access page number inside the report body.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply