dynamic excel connection in ssis

• Hi Expert,

i wanted to user variable name in connection string . I tried [User:IntegrationFIle]

in table or variable name property of excel connection string but did not worked

Screenshot 2022-04-08 022312

also tried entering in connection manager properties but did not work

Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=@[User::IntegrationFile].xlsx;Extended Properties="EXCEL 12.0 XML;HDR=YES";

Screenshot 2022-04-08 022154

• You've not set the connectionstring property to be an expression, you've set it to be literally the value Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=@[User::IntegrationFile].xlsx;Extended Properties="EXCEL 12.0 XML;HDR=YES";, and your file path to be literally @[User::IntegrationFile]. You need to use the expressions pane to do this (which you can see the option to access in your bottom screenshot).

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Create a variable which contains the entire connection string (not just the file path).

Map that variable to the ServerName property of the connection manager.

At least, that's how I do it.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply