Dynamic Data Masking Feature in SQL Server 2016

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Dynamic Data Masking Feature in SQL Server 2016

Pankaj Chakole
    Database Administrator
    Email # pankaj.chakole@gmail.com

• It does appear to have a singular purpose and does it well.

• A step forward indeed to simplify operations in a business that protects personal data.

Another great feature to have would be the ability to generate fake records by substituting column values to protect the real value. The date of birth is a good example. In my testing environment I may be creating joins and want to verify the DOB for person with ID 123 (in my query results) is 'blah' by referencing the base person table (should have 'blah' as well, though not the real value).

----------------------------------------------------

• Free Microsoft Sample questions are available on Passin1day. You can prepare your Microsoft Exams with the help of our Questions and answers. Our questions are 100% valid and accurate for all students around the world. Here you can also prepare your all Microsoft exams with the help of our study material. Here also find latest all Microsoft certification exams study guide. Our experts are always here for your help. Feel free to ask any question about Microsoft.

• DDM fuctions are not masking or modifying the orginal data so i dont think so it will allow you to retrive data by putting blah in where clause

Pankaj Chakole
    Database Administrator
    Email # pankaj.chakole@gmail.com

• pankaj.chakole (1/9/2017)

DDM fuctions are not masking or modifying the orginal data so i dont think so it will allow you to retrive data by putting blah in where clause

Not sure what you are referencing exactly. My comment scope is a hypothetical situation where a feature (presumably not in existence) would be in place, along with its end results when put to use.

----------------------------------------------------

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply