Duplicate email being sent from Report Server

• Hello!

We migrated from SSRS 2012 to PowerBI Report server as well database from SQL 2012 to 2016.

SSRS 2012 just sends out one email even though it has invalid email address but Power BI Report server is sending duplicate emails.

Max -retries for both server is set to 3 times for every 15 mins.

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Just to confirm with you - Power BI is sending 2 emails; it ISN'T that SSRS is sending one and Power BI is sending one, correct?

This should be easy to test by disabling one of the jobs on the SQL instance or disabling it from the web interface.

I do not have Power BI on my setup, but I expect the database backend for it is similar to SSRS.  For one of the emails that is going out, how many jobs are on the SQL instance for that report?  I'm wondering if something went sideways and you have 2 jobs per subscription on Power BI

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply