dtsrun return codes

• I need tp call dtsrun from the AutoSys scheduler, and I need to capture an integer return code (0 or some non-zero number) at the command line so that AutoSys knows whether to proceed to the next step. Is this possible. When you run the command on its own in a command shell window you get several lines of ouput, but it's not clear whether there is a single int return value.

Thanks for any help

• I believe that in the command prompt you will see error: and the number and failed but not sure what line this will be on and it has been some time since I last did this. But I beleiev you will get multiple messages.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Edited by - antares686 on 06/19/2002 7:56:03 PM

• just a suggestion for the future. Try running calling DTS from a stored procedure as an automation object. This exposes a rich set of properties and methods which offer far more control over settings and error returns via the SP_OA family (see the articel on SQLDTS.COM)

I have found it is possible to please all of the people all of the time if you do exactly what they want. Harold Macmillan 1961

I have found it is possible to please all of the people all of the time if you do exactly what they want. Harold Macmillan 1961

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply