DTSRUN authentication issue

• Hi, everybody.  This one seems a little fishy to me.  I am fairly new to my current environment (job) but not to SQL.  Maybe I am just getting old.  But recently we upgraded our SQL server to Windows 2003 SP1.  I know this tightens things up in MSDTC but unaware of anything else. 

I have a SQL Server 2000 job that runs a dtsrun command with the /E (use trusted authentication)  the job has been running fine until the upgrade to the Windows OS Service Pack 1.  Now I recieve Login failed for user '(null)' Reason:  Not associated with a trusted SQL Server Connection.  Any ideas with what may have happened?  I have looked in the Local Security Policy to find that Administrators are still able to be impersonated after successful authentication.  Anyone have any ideas....?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

BK

BK

• Is SQL server configured to use mixed mode or windows authentication?

If it configured for windows then check whether  SQL Server Authentication connection is being used inside the dts package..

Else it might be a delegation issue...

-Krishnan

• Sorry about that.  I meant to put that in my post.  We are using 'Mixed Mode' authentication.  It is a SQL 2000 SP3a server.  When you mention a delegation issue, what are you refering to.  Package owner type things?

BK

BK

• If the job owner has admin privileges then it is executed in context of SQL Sever Agent account else the proxy account..

What exactly are you doing in the DTs Package, r u using any linked server queries...

try changing and executing the package using sql server account rather than windows account and it see whether it runs or not..

-Krishnan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply