DTS - SQL to Access 2000

• I am trying to DTS data from SQL tables to an Access file. There is one table that will give an unspecified error at around 470000 records. The Access file never exceeds 200 MBytes. I am stumped, anything less than 450000 goes great it is the magic number 466000-470000.

• I have seen some odd errors with SQL in regards to outputs and number levels. Not heard of anything like this being a problem here but some things to check is that records are unique and if not that the access db is not enforcing that way. No relationships in access unless you make sure the order of transfer will not break the move. Also try pushing 500000 record as a test to see if there is a general problem or something to do with the number of records pushed.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• I am finding that this a general problem. The machine that has the problem is a Win 98 machine with the SQL 7 Enterprise Manager. I looked at the tables that the DTS package created in the .mdb file and the properties did not allow for empty strings for the text data type. I changed those settings and still the same problem. There are no duplicates and have tried to order the output by a unique identifier and still the same problem and roughly the same amount of records. I might be up the creek without a paddle.

• If I come across anything else I will pass along. Might want to try SP4 but it could be something with Access 2000, have you tried Access 97 just out of curiosity.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Try backig up your destination table(as a precaution), then remove any unique indexes including primary key. Run your DTS, does it still fail? If the answer is no, then it is likely that you are violating a constraint. Not sure about SQL 7, but I don't think the error is unspecified for this, I may be wrong. Did you double click the red mark when the package failed to get more info on the error? You could also look out for NULL's in your table. If you have >=2 NULL's in a unique field you may be breaking the rule.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply