DTS Scheduling (from Oracle)

• I created a DTS package which get a data from Oracle database (on other server which not is in domain with SQL Server) to SQL Server.

The SQL Server Agent is run by user: domain administrator (which is administrator for SQL Server).

When I execute the package manually in Enterprise Manager (user: domain administrator) it works but scheduling it fails.

I'm changed user which run SQL Server Agent on System Account and schedule job again. Scheduling fails.

Why?

• When you run the package manually (via EM) are you running it on the server itself or from a client pc?

DTS is a client application hence if you are running it from a client pc, it runs on the client pc, not the server.

Steven

• Thank You for yours opinion.

I'm login on Citrix session on SQL Server and I run DTS package manually (via EM) on the server.

I suppose, that I must create identical user on SQL Server and Oracle Server and run SQL Server Agent on this user.

Is't true? Is any other, better solution?

• Running the package via a Citrix session is not the same as runing the package on the server itself. Citrix will create a seperate profile/workspace for you to work in.

When you execute the package it is using your security credentials, no matter where it's run from. Make sure the account that the SQL Agent runs under has access to the Oracle Server. If possible try and login using that account and manually access the Oracle Server.

Hope this helps

Phill Carter

--------------------

Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

Edited by - phillcart on 09/22/2003 05:29:21 AM

--------------------

• I explain.

The Account that the SQL Agent runs under (domain administrator) not has access to the Oracle Server by login but has access to Oracle Database on this server by configured connection.

This works when I execute DTS package manually (I'm login on Citrix session: domain administrator).

In the DTS connection to Oracle database is configure by Oracle Provider for OLE DB.

In "Data Link Properties" is defined:

1. "Data Source": database_oracle

2. "Use specific user name and password": user which connect to Oracle database ("admsk")

• Have a read of the following, it may give you an idea of what is wrong,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dtssql/dts_pkgmng_sec_09dl.asp?frame=true

Hope this helps

Phill Carter

--------------------

--------------------

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply