DTS Scheduling Error

• I don't know if this was discussed before or not in another thread but I am having problems scheduling a DTS package. I puul data from another server and dump it to a server I have setup on my own machine which dumps data into an excel worksheet. It runs fine when I execute the package from DTS Local Packages but fails when I start the job that runs the DTS package. Any Suggestions?

Bobby

• By the way, Here is the error I keep getting:

The process could not be created for step 1 of job 0x33E4B68CCCA619449DA8A599C2FA7ED2 (reason: The system cannot find the file specified). The step failed.

• Have you tried running by hand from the server to see if the error appears there. If not may be permission, if does then you should be able to get a better idea of what it is complaining about.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• I'm sure you've already done this, but just in case, check the Excel spreadsheet is in the same path on the server as you have it configured on your local workstation. Perhaps it's erroring out on trying to find the Excel spreadsheet.

K. Brian Kelley

bkelley@sqlservercentral.com

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bkelley/

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Your never going to belive this but I installed service pack 2 last evening and my DTS package runs as a job now. Go figure.

Thanks for your help,

rocjohns

• Well, the solution is all that matters.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply