DTS Scheduling

• Hi,

I created a DTS package without using the wizard. The package imports data from the database to a text file and puts the text file on the ftp site. The script to put on the ftp site is on a shared network location and I am using UNC to access that location. Also I have SA rights on the database. I am using Windows Authetication to create the DTS task. The account used to create the task is also an admin on the database server and Sql Agent is running under that account as well. The account also have sysadmin role on the msdb database. When I execute the package manually in EM it works but scheduling it fails.

Any ideas?

• What is the error message?

Does the account that SQL Agent is running under have access to the UNC path?

When you run the package manually in EM, it will your security context, not the Servers.

Hope this helps

Phill Carter

--------------------

Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

--------------------

• This is the error I am getting:

"SQL Server Scheduled Job 'TPG' (0x89D07DA7B0C6A24AAB84EE4E3D4EDE3B) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2003-09-19 09:17:00 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 48006 (TPG). The last step to run was step 1 (TPG)."

I am not too sure what your last statement meant. It was missing some keywords : )

To be more precise I mentioned that when I schedule the package to run on the server it fails but when I run it manually on the server it works. The account that Sql Agent is running as can access the UNC path and the ftp site.

• What I meant to say was,

[quote-0}When you run the package manually in EM, it will use your security context, not the Servers.[/quote-0]

The error you posted looks like the error from the job, is there any further detail for the step?

Are you using SQL2000? If so, make sure you have Package Logging enabled as well.

Hope this helps

Phill Carter

--------------------

--------------------

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply