DTS problem

• have an Access database that I have developed and had wanted to move it to our SQL 2000 server to use as a backend. I used the DTS Wizard and get so far as to selecting all the tables I want to import. When I click on finish I immediately get an error like the following.

DTS Wizard Error

ErrorSource: Microsoft JET Database Engine

ErrorDescription: Record(s) cannot be read, no read permission on table 'tblEmployees'

Context: Error calling OpenRowset on the provider

I am logged on as administrator so I would think I have all permissions necessary. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• When you open the Access database with Administrator account, are you opening it on the server or on a workstation?

If on a workstation: Are the workstation and the SQL server in the same domain? The Administrator might not be able to access the other domain....

One daft question: Are there any access permissions in the design of the Access database itself? Are you using the 'User and Group Permissions' in the Access database? (I'm not sure about the English description for that menu item, because I've only got a German version, what with working in Switzerland)

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Searching the KB articles is like

picking your nose. You never know

what you'll find.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply