DTS package connection is looping through but not changing server connection

• I have a DTS package this I have created to loop through a list of Ms sql servers and run some sql to count the # of user db's.  The Dynamic connection that I have setup is changing to the next server each time it loops through, but the execute sql task that uses this connection continues to connect only to the first server in the list and run the sql.  Any ideas on what would cause it to use the same server even though the Dynamic connection is changing servers properly each loop would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

• Could the SQL Execute task be holding onto the connection from the first, so that even though you are chaning the connection properties it is still connected to the original database? I would try reseting the connection through a dynamic properties task after you have assigned it to the new server. Just a thought.

• Check the "Close connection on Completion" option in the Workflow Properties of the ExecuteSQL task.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Thanks for the suggestions.  I was able to fix it by changing the reuseable property to 0 for the dynamic connection from disconnected edit session.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply