DTS Migration Help

• I am in the process of migrating from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 and am running in several issues with DTS. One of the main issues I see is that when I run the wizard it appears that all of the files migrate over, but when I go to make modifications, the DTS packages are not showing up in the Legacy folder. I have all of the old DTS packages saved as .dts file and when I run the wizard again and use the .dts file, it asks if I want to replace the existing copy even though I don't see it. When I choose the .dts file, it will then show up in my Legacy folder.

Once I migrate the file over and try to run it, I have issues with the data coming from the data source. For example, I have a table with blank values and when I run the DTS in SQL 2005 it actually sets the column to values such as '4040404040' and 'F0F0F0F0F0.' I am trying to work through these issues and re-create the DTS using the SSIS framework and I keep running into walls. Any suggestions and/or assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Tim

• So what I have done to work around this issue is to change my Data Source for the connection to the AS400 from "Other (ODBC Data Source)" to "IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries IBMDA400 OLE DB Provider." I also have to change the "Force Translate" to a value of 0 and the data comes in correctly. Once the legacy packages are changed, then I will migrate them to the new SSIS using the wizard. I have been experiencing some other issues but it appears that this way helps more than it harms.

• Hi..

Try this.. SaveAs dts package as structured file system and then migrate it to SSIS.

• I tried that when I was running into issues thinking that maybe bringing over a "flat" file would work and got the same results.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply