DTS job in SQL Agent fails

• Hi,

I have few DTS packages to get data from AS/400 in to my table in SQL server. They work fine when i run them from the enterprise manager. But when i schedule the package in SQL Agent it fail with the error:

The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (<Domain\Account Name&gt of job <job name> has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user '<Domain\Account Name>'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198.

In many forums they talk about permission to the user to run job. wat permission? And another question is the connection to AS/400 has anything to do with the job fail.

Any solution will save my sleep in the early morning to run the job. 

Thanks

Raja

• Yes indeed--I ran into similar problems scheduling DTS packages in the past.   Invariably stuff works great when run interactively, but fails miserably when scheduled under the SQL Agent because of permission problems.   And the security context (as you indicate) is kind of confusing, to say the least!

Check out this article -- might help you troubleshoot:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;269074

Once you've deciphered that ungodly stuff, you might try making the relevant account that needs the perms ("Domain\AccountName") a member of the System Administrator role within SQL and/or a member of the server's local administrator's group--and see if that helps.

Good luck.

- john

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply